2009 has been a nice year. Even though I had to go through some problems, mainly professional problems, in the first half of the year, I believe the year has brought more good things than bad ones. In a nutshell, these are some of my highlights:
- I’ve finally found the time to look after myself. I joined a gym, started eating properly and I hope to keep doing that in 2010. (OK, the very end of the year doesn’t really count, right?) Goal for 2010 – lose 12 more kilos, restart playing basketball, and go to the gym regularly.
- I’ve made my debut in the blogosphere. This is something I’d been thinking about for years, but now it’s finally happened mainly because of all the other great bloggers I met. I also intend to keep it going in 2010. I know I still have to work on lots of things if I want to become a good blogger, and I’ll try to do that in 2010. However, I’ll not lose sight of the reasons why I first decided to create the blog. I’m actually surprised with the results. I didn’t expect to have had more than 500 visits by the end of the year. However, the most important thing was the number of comments and the conversations I had with some of the ‘readers’. There was even a response post to one of my entries. These were the things that gave me the strength to keep writing. Thank you all.
- I’ve given twitter a second chance and created my PLN. I’ve been in touch with great educators ever since and started sharing with them. Slowly, I know I’m building a meaningful PLN for me. No need to desperately try to find followers or to follow people who aren’t going to contribute to my growth. Goal for 2010? Try to show more and more people the power of PLN and help them connect with people that matters.
- I’ve started the wiki project I had in mind for a couple of years now, and I got some teachers on board to help me out. We’re still putting some ideas together so that we can start it with our students in March. Thank you for all teachers who joined me, and those who are thinking about joining it are all welcome. One of the goals of the project is to get our students to start their own PLNs and make friends with people from different backgrounds.
- I’ve ‘met’ wonderful people online, and had the chance to skype with a couple of them. I hope this will happen more often in 2010.
- The MA is still a concern. Running a school and studying at the same time hasn’t been an easy task, but so far I’ve managed to do it quite well.
- 2010 is set to be a very promising year!!!
This blog will not be updated for a couple of weeks due to the holidays, but I’ll be back in the beginning of 2010, and I sure hope to see you all here, on Twitter, on your blogs, face to face conferences and what have you. I thank you all for showing me how to effectively integrate technology in my learning.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!